– Strategic Risk – Risk & Brand Protection
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P) is seeking a Privacy Specialist to join our team and contribute to the development and deployment of a comprehensive privacy program to mitigate privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. This role will primarily support the operational processes of the Privacy Program, as well as key strategic priorities of C&P. Key responsibilities of this position include privacy operations support, privacy compliance activities, evaluating and recommending process improvements and technology solutions, data analytics, documentation of critical actions, privacy consultations, and resolving data subject access requests.
Work you’ll do – Illustrative Responsibilities
- Develop in-depth understanding of the US Firms’ businesses and enabling areas to provide accurate consultation on privacy inquiries.
- Maintain accurate records and evidence of privacy related activities.
- Maintain proactive communications with business and enabling area key stake holders.
- Manage and resolve data subject access request activities across the US Firms and continue to evolve the support model as needed and as laws require.
- Manage direct communications with external third parties, responding promptly and with professionalism.
- Assist in documenting requirements for the development and/or enhancement of Privacy program technology solutions.
- Develop/update artifacts to support the privacy program (e.g., playbooks, policies, procedures, templates, guidelines and tools).
- Support awareness activities of emerging privacy trends and risks with business and enabling area leadership.
Confidentiality & Privacy Strategic Priorities
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance the US Firms’ confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include development of training and awareness materials, support to Lean Data or Data Classification activities, completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, support to Incident Management, or support for other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Directly and indirectly support reporting and analysis to identify themes/trends, new risks, and mitigation strategies for reporting to business, enabling area, and C&P leadership.
- Assist with projects/strategies to enhance the US Firms’ privacy and confidentiality preparedness based on emerging trends and risks.
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of technology solutions to enhance confidentiality and privacy processes and support data analytics and insights to identify new risks and mitigation strategies.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients. That’s why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Confidentiality & Privacy
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P), led by the Chief Confidentiality & Privacy Officer and Managing Director, Confidentiality & Privacy, is a steward for Deloitte’s reputation. In that role, C&P is responsible for the development and deployment of a comprehensive program to mitigate confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The team is highly collaborative, and individual contributions are measured relative to team contributions. C&P is organized around key service areas, which include:
- Privacy Program
- Insider Risk
- Incident Management
- Data Classification & Training
- Technology Risk
- Lean Data Initiatives
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters and/or JD preferred
- 5+ years full-time professional work experience with 2+ years of related experience in privacy or data protection.
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through a combination of professional judgment and process/program/project ownership.
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Highly organized, self-starter that can anticipate team needs and deliver per deadlines.
- Aptitude in technology and interest in finding technology solutions to meet needs.
- Confidence in working across teams and facilitate complicated discussions with many participants.
- Highly responsive and operates with a sense of urgency when required.
- Demonstrated track record in sound judgment, strong attention to detail, and persistence in following issues to conclusion.
- Excellent communications (oral and written), problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service orientation and confidence in communicating with external third parties.
- Remains calm under pressure while retaining ability to influence others in high pressure situations.
- Highly collaborative work ethic and demonstrate commitment to team success.
- Ability to work with professionals in different time zones, including India.
- Strong project management skills while exhibiting an ability to multi-task across various initiatives and activities.
- Quick and eager learner to apply new skills and technologies in a results-oriented manner.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
- Proficiency in Collaboration Tools (e.g., SharePoint, Teams)
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $48,000 to $89,000.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.