Sports Warehouse, Inc.
Starting at $16.00+ an hour
Full or Part Time available
Weekend shift required
This position requires physically reporting to work in San Luis Obispo, CA
We are a growing e-commerce company that specializes in tennis, running, bass fishing, pickleball, racquetball, equestrian, ice/roller hockey, roller derby, inline skating and skateboarding products. Our goal is to provide a top-notch customer shopping experience by recommending the right products and delivering the best possible service. We believe in striving for excellence while finding simple solutions to get the job done.
We are looking for reliable and organized individuals to help us evaluate and process customer orders placed online. An eye for attention to detail will be crucial to help us prevent fraud and any issues that may impact the timeliness of a customer’s order being shipped.
Sports Warehouse is comprised of:Tennis WarehouseRunning WarehouseTackle WarehouseTotal PickleballRacquetball WarehouseRiding WarehouseInline/Ice WarehouseSkate Warehouse Requirements:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Individually analyze and authorize customer orders via online database.
- Maintain knowledge of established fraudulent trends or addresses.
- Take note and communicate any new fraudulent trends observed to a member of leadership.
- Recognize out of character purchasing behavior from established customers.
- Utilize various resources to determine the legitimacy of orders.
- Make recommendations on orders that need additional verification in order to be processed.
- Manage order volume in a rapid manner
- Provide the customer confirmation that their order was received within 24 hours of being placed or correspondence if any issues prevent timely shipment.
- Provide our warehouses with electronic orders to be picked and packaged in a prompt manner
- Introduce customers to security precautions that Sports Warehouse employs in order to best protect our clientele.
The ideal candidate will
- Possess high aptitude for learning new software.
- Maintain focus on extremely detailed work for long periods of time.
- Preferably have data entry, data processing, or other related experience.
- Prefer independent work that contributes towards a common group goal.
- Execute duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Be flexible during busy times by helping fellow coworkers and function as part of a team.
- Continually learn and develop skills relevant to the role.
- Bring a positive attitude and strong work ethic to the workplace.
Benefits & Perks
Full Time Employees:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid vacation time
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Merchandise discounts with all Sports Warehouse companies
- Access to on-site fitness facility
- Paid sick time
- 401(k) and profit-sharing programs
- Opportunities for growth
- Employee appreciation events
- This position operates in a fast-paced professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers and telephones. The use of racquet stringing machines and related tools/supplies may also be required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle objects and type on a computer, use phones and computer software to place customer orders and communicate with others to exchange information. The employee is frequently required to sit in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, in addition to occasionally moving about inside the building. The position may require standing for prolonged periods of time and use of hands/fingers while stringing racquets. The employee is sometimes required to stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or climb.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects that weigh less than ten pounds, occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh between 11-20 pounds, and rarely lift and/or move items that weigh between 21-50 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.