The candidate must be located within or near the Greater Los Angeles market (Inland Empire, Orange County, Los Angeles Metro Area)
The candidate must have a current active membership and good standing with the State Bar of California.
The ALTO Alliance Staff Attorney is responsible for researching and developing legal solutions for ALTO’s clients’ crime and public safety problems. The ALTO Alliance Staff Attorney is also responsible for managing clients’ criminal investigations and cases in the referenced state. Experience practicing criminal law is highly valued.
This position requires incumbents to exercise well-developed legal skills and knowledge and act independently under general oversight and direction of the Operations Manager/Director of Operations and Lead Attorney.
All roles at ALTO US include the following benefits package to ensure all employees are set up for success, both at work, and in their lives:
· 100% coverage for Employee’s Medical, Dental, and Vision
· Retirement Savings – 401K plus employer matching
· Short and Long-Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· 3 weeks of paid vacation (eligible for 5 days after the first 6 months)
· 6 days paid sick time (each year)
· 12 Holidays (including one floating)
· 1 day of paid time off to volunteer in your community
· Mileage reimbursement per IRS guidelines
· Mobile phone reimbursement plan
· The company reimbursed continuing education and Bar dues
· Innovative work environment in a multi-national company
Overview of Roles/Responsibilities:
- Balances attending criminal court hearings (virtually and in-person). Provides case updates to ALTO Leadership customers/victims. Attends retail client visits and events, to provide Legal updates and to support the renewal of Alliance contracts.
- Supports both Managing Attorney, Directors, CSM, and CSS(s) in developing presentations to provide client service updates as well as written and verbal communications to multi-level and cross-function clients, law enforcement, and community leaders/affiliates.
- Leads communication throughout process, partners with law enforcement and prosecutors regarding criminal case preparation, filing and case dispositions, to acting as victim’s advocate, conferring with victims, witnesses, law enforcement officers, and prosecutors, as well as advises victims and corporate employers regarding criminal and courtroom procedure and case handling.
Scope of Responsibilities:
· Attends criminal court hearings and reports court activity to Senior Attorney, victims and to Alliance program directors.
· Acts as a victim advocate and confers with victims, witnesses, law enforcement officers and prosecutors regarding the rights and wishes of victims.
· Educates victims and corporate employers regarding criminal law and procedure.
· Assists in coordination of witness courtroom attendance.
· Assists in preparation of victim impact statements and restitution forms.
· Other legal and broader business responsibilities as assigned.
· Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment.
· A demonstrated ability to self-organize.
· Ability to manage simultaneous projects and effectively delegate.
· Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
· Ability to think outside of the box for solutions to client needs.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Admitted to practice law in this the referenced state and in good standing.
· Prior experience as a criminal prosecutor, public defender or one year’s experience practicing criminal law.
· Must be able to prioritize and accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
· Ability to work varied work hours to meet client needs, including nights and weekends as needed.
· Excellent presentation/communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and document management skills.
· Proficiency using computers, computer databases and Microsoft Office.
· Strong research and writing skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
ALTO believes that success in this position will also require the following, aligned with ALTO’s cores values:
· Passion to be part of a growing team.
· Entrepreneurial, innovative spirit.
· High ethical standards.
· Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change.
· Tenacity and determination.
· Ability to manage simultaneous projects, as well as effectively delegate work.
· Strong business acumen.
· Self-motivated and proactive personality.
The employer is an “equal opportunity employer.” The employer will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you reside in the Los Angeles Greater Metro Area or Inland Empire?
- Criminal Law: 1 year (Required)
- BAR and good standing with the State Bar of CA (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.