Thermo Fisher Scientific
Requisition Title: Staff Full Stack Developer
Requisition ID: 200706BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $25 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to provide our teams the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world of science, technology, and engineering.
Location/Division: Remote – United States Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
What will you do?
- Propose, design, and document the solutions for the feature and to the given problem statement
- Collaborate, negotiate, and influence direction and decision making to deliver quality solutions
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
How will you get here?
Bachelors’ or master’s in computer science
- Passionate coder and full stack engineering with 7+ years of application development experience
- Extensive experience in Java 8+/JEE application development architecture, frameworks, and technologies: Microservice, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring RESTful Web Service, Hibernate/JPA
- 2+ years of application development using Angular or React or Vue or any other UI framework. Experience with Angular will be plus.
- Experience with database applications (Postgres/MySQL/Oracle)
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Debian/Ubuntu/Linux etc. will be plus.
- Ability to develop and guide a test-driven development approach using frameworks like Junit
- Experience using Git, Sonar, Jenkins
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes and explain them to others
- Ability to anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.