About this Opportunity
Strategic Analytics serves as the link between data and strategy for MillerKnoll, leveraging data and analytics to help tackle the company’s biggest strategic questions. As part of MillerKnoll’s Data & Analytics department, Strategic Analytics partners with teams across MillerKnoll’s portfolio of brands, regions, and business units.
We are looking for a Strategic Analytics Analyst to help drive these high-profile analytics projects across the organization. Daily responsibilities will include devising hypotheses, conducting analyses, building presentations and visualizations, and collaborating closely with stakeholders across the organization to gain buy-in for recommendations.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Analyze large datasets using a mix of tools and applications including SQL, Alteryx, Excel, and Tableau
- Build and maintain recurring metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Build data visualizations in PowerPoint and Tableau to effectively convey findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate closely with other members of our Strategic Analytics team, as well as with our Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams
- Collaborate closely with teams across the organization, including Marketing, Operations, Product, Finance, and Strategy – and spanning across our Retail and B2B brands and regions
- Example analytics projects include identifying opportunities to optimize our retail assortment, determining optimal allocation of marketing spend across channels, and proactively predicting likely shipping delays
- Primarily leverage data from within our data warehouse, but supplement it with additional data gathering and cleanup when required
- Work on high-impact strategic analytics projects to provide data-based insights and recommendations
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or business-related field such as Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 1+ year of experience in an analytics role in a fast-paced business context (such as management consulting, business analytics, strategic analytics, financial analysis)
- Advanced in either SQL or Alteryx
- Expert level with Excel, including experience with pivot tables
- Experience with data visualization tools (such as Tableau) a plus
- Experience building PowerPoint decks to convey analytical results and make business recommendations
- Ability to put structure around ambiguous business problems, designing analytical approaches based on available data
- Ability to translate analysis results into actionable business recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
MillerKnoll is a federal contractor and is subject to the requirements of Executive Order 14042, which is temporarily blocked by a federal court, pending the outcome of further judicial review. Depending on the outcome of the Executive Order, the Company may be subject to the OSHA Employee Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard, which the courts are also currently reviewing. The results of the legal challenges will have implications in our workplace. In certain locations there may also be specific local requirements which may be required as a condition of employment.