Substance Abuse Counselor
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for numerous people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to work full time for its New Path Treatment Center program.
The Substance Abuse Counselor is a non-exempt position paying $26-29 per hour at 35 hours per week, position requires up to 2 evenings per week and rotating weekends. The office is located in Hempstead, NY and role reports to Program Director.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for providing direct treatment services to clients of the New Path Treatment Center.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct individual, family and group counseling sessions.
- Provide consultation and treatment for family and related other individuals of clients.
- Assess the condition of the client’s progress and status during treatment sessions.
- Record progress notes of each treatment session, detailing dates, types of counseling provided and nature of counseling, length of session and client progress.
- Review client treatment plans as a guide to treatment.
- Plan with Supervision and any criminal justice referral source, the long-range goals and any ancillary referral sources for clients.
- Provide emergency coverage and crisis intervention.
- Conduct random drug tests on all clients.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or educational equivalent and CASAC or Provisional QHP required.
- Minimum of two years of treatment experience in addiction services area required.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.