Large natural organic supermarket in NYC is looking for an experienced customer service oriented buyer to manage purchasing, inventory and merchandising for our Supplement department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing inventory to profitability; maximize sales and minimize loss.
- Merchandising product, keeping shelves clean, well stocked and properly rotated.
- Pricing and receiving.
- Customer service
- Vendor interaction
- Assisting and directing staff while providing an excellent shopping experience to all customers.
Candidates must have proven management experience with demonstrated proficiency in buying and inventory management in the supplement industry. Knowledge of natural and organic foods helpful but not critical.
Computer skills and the ability to communicate imperative.
Ability to work flexible hours which may include nights, early morning, holidays and weekend necessary.
The position requires constant physical movement, standing, using stairs and lifting.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits package include health insurance, comprehensive store discounts and MTA Transitcheck
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Inventory management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.