Job Path supports people with developmental disabilities as they make choices about their lives and play valued roles in their communities. Job Path encourages people to explore what they want out of life and to chart their own journeys. Whether it’s finding a job, making a contribution in a volunteer role, establishing a home, or being part of the community, the goal is to assist the person to lead a full and active life.
Job Path is seeking a creative professional in its Supported Living Program. As a Residential Support Specialist, there will be a combined workload of direct support work along with tasks focused on administrative work and creative development.
Applicants for the Residential Support Specialist must be extremely flexible both in availability as well as with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals. Applicants must be able to demonstrate creative thinking and use a person-centered approach to serving individuals with disabilities. Ability to manage detailed administrative tasks and communicate effectively orally and in writing is essential in this position.
The Specialist will provide direct assistance to the Program Manager of Supported Living and Assistant Director of Supported Living. The schedule for the role will be comprised of two days of administrative tasks listed below and three days of direct support, subject to change according to the needs of the program
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
- Reviewing and reconciling petty cash
- Reviewing personal allowance
- Ordering medication
- Assistance in planning, goal setting and community development for participants
- Serving as an advocate for the needs of the participants and staff.
- Helping to create community development opportunities.
- Serving as a support fill-in during staff absence.
- Assisting in administrative and program support tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- At least two years of experience supporting people with developmental disabilities is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Salary: $38,000 per year, non-exempt
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Policy
- Work/Life Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-tax commuter and medical plans
- 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match after two years of employment
- Generous vacation policy
To Apply: * Please submit your resume and cover letter via our jobs board.
Or, send via fax to 646-905-0130 or mail to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
256 West 38th Street 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018
Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview
**Job Path is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on races, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, employment, or citizenship status.**
Vaccination: Job Path has implemented a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and submit proof as to their vaccination status in order to work on-site. Therefore, all new hires, prior to their start date, will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., receive both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) and provide the Organization with a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card, or (2) or receive an accommodation exempting them from the vaccination requirement. Job Path will keep any information about an employee or applicant’s vaccination status confidential in accordance with, and to the extent required by, applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.