About KIPP TEAM & Family
KIPP TEAM & Family is our network office that includes support teams – such as Leadership Development, Recruitment, Advocacy, Facilities, Finance, HR and more – dedicated to empowering our schools and ensuring the success of KIPP students throughout New Jersey and Miami. Our schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. The first KIPP New Jersey school opened in Newark in 2002 and since then our school network has expanded to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12. By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students.
In 2018, we grew our KIPP community in response to a need for high-quality school options for students in Greater Miami’s Urban Core communities. That led to the creation of KIPP Miami, which currently educates 680 students in three schools, with plans to reach 5,800 students by 2025. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students in New Jersey and Miami are on the path to and through college, career, and choice-filled lives.
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP TEAM and Family is seeking a Systems Analyst to support our financial and HR systems as we double in size to serve over 15,000 students in the next 5 years in Newark, NJ, Camden, NJ and Miami, FL. This is an exciting and fast-paced role that will maintain and continuously improve our financial and HR systems; playing a critical role in keeping these systems running seamlessly and implementing enhancements that allow us to scale.
You will be a member of our Technology team and will be deeply engaged within our Finance, Accounting, Purchasing and Human Resources departments. You will also partner with key stakeholders across the organization, including our Data and School Operations teams.
Our home office is in Newark, NJ and we have offices and schools in Camden, NJ and Miami, FL. This role can be based out of any of these cities or it can be primarily remote. If you will work remotely or will be based in FL, then the role will have up to 6 travel requirements per year.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that our business requirements are properly configured in all financial and HR systems
- Implement and maintain integrations between our financial, HR and other business systems
- Establish and maintain user access, roles and permissions across all financial and HR systems
- Create and maintain technical and end user documentation covering key operational processes, system integrations
- Perform daily systems administration and monitoring tasks, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems
- Lead regression and new feature testing in anticipation of new releases for existing systems
- Provide end-user training and support, including onboarding new users
- Perform weekly and quarterly financial transaction data entry to ensure data accuracy between systems
- Create ad-hoc reports for key stakeholders and validate new and existing reports for accuracy
- Provide input and recommendations to improve our financial and HR systems so that our processes are efficient and agile
- Work directly with a wide range of stakeholders across several closely related teams, collaborating constantly and contributing ideas
- At least 2 years of Systems Analyst/Systems Administrator experience – implementing business systems/SaaS applications, coordinating integrations, providing routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures in a complex business environment
- Ability to quickly learn the basics of unfamiliar specialized systems and software platforms
- Ability to approach challenges as a systems thinker: a determined problem-solver able to create and innovate scalable solutions on the go, sometimes with limited time and resources
- Proficient with core Google Workspace Apps, including Sheets, Slides, Forms, Docs, and Drive
- Collaborative working style with a strong drive to learn and share knowledge
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with the ability to explain complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience
Nice to haves:
- Experience supporting medium- or large-scale business systems, managing product rollouts, and supporting integrations between systems
- Experience working with any financial or HR systems, especially one of the following:
- ADP Workforce Now, ADP Workforce Manager
- Abila MIP Fund Accounting, Intacct
- Strong understanding of database management systems, database structures, theories, principles, and practices; highly proficient at writing SQL queries
- Experience working in K-12 education environment
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City or Philadelphia area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.