- Develop lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Participate in department and school meetings, and parent teacher conferences.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Work with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties.
- Promote and support the environment of positive behavior support.
- Promote pro-social behaviors and interactions between student and staff.
- Support and participate in behavior management program.
- Attend in-service training sessions, staff meetings and seminars as needed.
- Serve as a role model for students, maintaining values such as integrity, respect for self and all others, dignity, self control and respect.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – External
- Bachelors or higher from an accredited institution
- Relevant teaching experiences
Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
- Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
Attending TCI class for certification/re-certification and passing a test upon completion of course is a minimum requirement for employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal opportunity employer
- Bachelors or better