Denver Public Schools
TEACHER, SECONDARY (MIDDLE), 6TH-8TH GRADE, LANGUAGE ARTS, ELA-S (JOB ID: 56444)
MONTBELLO MIDDLE SCHOOL
Traditional 186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at
Bilingual in Spanish and English
bout this job:
chool Teachers will teach grade level material, content specific lesson plans, and Personal Development, following DPS standards-based curriculum.
hat You’ll Do:
- Help all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare educational course outlines, objectives and materials according to curriculum guidelines or state and local requirements.
- Present subject matter to students, using various teaching methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet student learning style.
We are excited about you because you will:
Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education or in the subject areas for which you are applying.
- Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching license. Click
for additional information regarding specific requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas (DPS does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days.)
- ELA-S (teaching in both Spanish and English) positions, candidates are required to take the Spanish language proficiency (SLP) exam, proctored by Berlitz Testing. Click
for more information. Additionally,
if a teacher has taken, or choses to take, the Praxis II – Spanish: World Language 5195 exam, it will also work at DPS as an appropriate SLP exam, as long as the candidate scores 163 or higher on the
Praxis II (#5195)
- Have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Provide effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage the classroom and coordinate and instruct student activities.
- Have an anti-racist mindset and will work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the
of the position.
What DPS Offers You:
A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan, click
for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule
- DPS Total Rewards includes
health and wellness benefits
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.