Now more than ever.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by
U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the
Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Team Lead, Clinical Services
HSS Hudson Yards offers physician office visits, radiology, and rehabilitation services. Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Services for the region, the Team Lead provides essential onsite clinical guidance and communication of daily assignments to the nursing staff at the direction of and in the absence of the Manager, Clinical Services. The Team Lead also serves in a clinical capacity by providing direct clinical support for physicians and nursing services as needed.
Serving as a Team Lead, s/he will problem solve amongst nursing staff and doctors within the facility, troubleshoot daily clinical operational issues, mentor nursing staff and build relationships with physicians as a clinical expert in conjunction with, and in the absence of, the Manager, Clinical Services.
Support physician office visits and other clinical activities.
- Room patients, including preparation for exams, reviewing past medical history, and obtaining patient data.
- Assist with procedures, including but not limited to suture/staple removal, cast application and removal, EKG, venipuncture, and injections.
- Foster effective patient throughput.
Support the Manager, Clinical Services in the management of the nursing staff.
- Daily schedule and staffing assignments (coordinating per diems, vacations, callouts, etc.).
- Physician room and dictation station assignments.
- Primary point of clinical contact onsite in absence of Manager, Clinical Services.
Support the Manager, Clinical Services in ensuring compliant and competent nursing practice for the site.
- Monitor par levels for supplies, ordering as needed.
- Check expiration dates of current supplies in the closet, medication buckets, and on all medications and vials.
- Check the automated external defibrillator (AED) daily and alert the Manager, Clinical Services when the battery needs to be changed.
- Complete temperature logs on medication and specimen refrigerator and freezer.
- LPN, PCA, or MA
- Licensure and certification commensurate with current role
- Required: Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience while working in a medical office setting at HSS; Preferred: Currently an employee at HSS Hudson Yards.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of orthopedic and outpatient care as well as a working knowledge of processes involved in physician practices with strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and display a positive attitude towards assignments and others.
- Proficiency in Epic clinical workflows.
Other Requirements: #LI-AG1
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.