An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
Special note: During the near-term and for a temporary period, this role will be 100% remote/work-from-home.
Join Life Fitness’ Customer Service and Support (CSS) Team as a Technical Customer Support Associate reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor. In this role, you will be responsible for responding to customer contacts via inbound Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) calls and system and internal emails. You will be in direct contact with the customer and will place outbound calls as required. To be successful in this role, you will provide professional, stellar quality to domestic, international, commercial and consumer customers and Life Fitness sales representatives. You will promote positive customer relations while maintaining the highest standards of ethics, quality and service. You’ll perform all other assigned duties in accordance with Customer Service and Support as well as Life Fitness policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Maintain contact with National Commercial and Consumer accounts via phone, email and fax contact and business correspondence.
- Explain and administers company policies and procedures pertaining to customer service (e.g., warranty policy, parts credit, return policy, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with internal customers (within CSS and other departments) on the status of requests and assists in determining corrective action to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Cross-functionally work closely with Management, Field Service internal and external support, Supply Chain, and Accounts Receivable to ensure issues are escalated and resolved.
- Assist customers with part orders and other requests using ORACLE and other software; this includes data-entry of customer numbers, part numbers, quantity, etc. Process customer warranty or billable parts orders or returns.
- Monitor Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) to assess daily open order reports and resolve any open and back order issues or orders with an on-hold status.
- Respond to all customer correspondence and voicemails within established Service Levels.
- Proactively notify customer of any issues that may prevent them from being fully satisfied and work to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Escalate back order parts issues per policy to determine parts availability and inform the customer.
- Provide general technical assistance to internal and external customers using both oral and written communication skills.
- Use Operations Manual to diagnose the problem and walking the customer through the solution, if possible.
- Enter service request to dispatch a technician when needed to fix equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to use and read schematics to be able to solve technical problems.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a customer service and/or call center environment dealing with external customers preferred
- Technical experience in repairs and/or help-desk support in diagnosing repairs of electro-mechanical equipment highly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude or good understanding of mechanics preferred
- Familiarity with fitness equipment and parts a plus, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of detail orientation
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Oracle preferred
- Type 35 wpm minimum
- Projects a positive, proactive and very helpful attitude
- Takes initiative to complete tasks with urgency and accuracy. Detail-oriented with a strong ability to recognize parts and part numbers
- Participates as a team player
- Ability to deal with fast-paced environment with a high volume of contacts on a consistent basis
- Able to multi-task successfully. Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Responds to customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be flexible and adapt quickly to change
- Proven problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Franklin Park, IL
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.