NanoCellect’s mission is to facilitate breakthrough biomedical discoveries by making cell sorting and analysis technology more portable, affordable, and easy-to-use. We use microfluidics to make flow cytometers that enable biomedical scientists to analyze and sort cells required for drug discovery, diagnostics, and basic research.
Our first product, the WOLF Cell Sorter, is changing the cell sorting market by bringing complex cell sorting solutions to the benchtop. The WOLF is easy to use and can be operated by anyone in the lab with minimal training. The closed system architecture allows for sterile sorting while at the same protecting the operator from aerosols. As it can easily fit into a standard biohood, it is an excellent sorting solution for labs focusing on RNASeq, CRISPR cloning, Cell Line Development, and Gene Editing.
We are seeking a highly motivated, Technical Sales Specialist for our North America Northeast sales territory which includes: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Ontario (Canada), Quebec (Canada), Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada), Prince Edward Island (Canada), Nova Scotia (Canada), and New Brunswick (Canada). The ideal candidate will have experience selling technical products into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as academia. Experience selling to labs doing RNASeq, CRISPR cloning, Cell Line Development, Gene Editing or Flow Cytometry is highly desirable.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory
- Implements agreed upon sales and marketing plan to meet the business goals of expanding customer base in the assigned area
- Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with the company vision and values
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Achieve sales and gross margin targets by delivering on both volume and price targets set in the annual sales plan
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Travel as needed for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Provide regular reports to management on a weekly basis to communicate progress to the company’s tactical and strategic sales and growth goals
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or Advanced Degree in Biology, Genomics, or related life science
- 3+ years of experience in capabilities focused, life science solution-based selling
- Experience in selling instrumentation or and reagents to pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academia is required. Experience selling RNASeq, CRISPR cloning, Cell Line Development, Gene Editing, Ab Screening, or Flow Cytometry products is preferred
- Proven ability to convert leads into sales in a new sales region
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Experience working with local FAS and FSE counterparts
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Demonstrated technical selling skills and product knowledge
- Proven ability to conceptualize and successfully execute an annual sales plan to deliver sales growth to company expectations
- Location in NY metro area preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, FSA, Life Insurance, and LTD
- 401K with company match
- Professional development
- Casual dress code, free snacks, free onsite gym access
- Cohesive team environment
- Great potential for growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older), or genetic information (including family medical history). NanoCellect will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.