Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Technology Manager, Marketing Technology to join our team at the Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Digital Systems team is responsible for the strategic needs of our Marketing Technology stack. The team works closely with the Business and IT teams to evolve business needs across the globe into technology solutions that are delivered through the IT Roadmap.
The Technical Manager – Marketing Technology Solutions works as an integral part of the Digital Systems team and is responsible for ensuring that our products create value for our customers as well as for the company. The Technical Manager – Marketing Technology Solutions will connect with business customers, lead solution architecture and development team members, and understand how the company works. The Technical Manager – Marketing Technology Solutions will directly interact with the business customers, the development team, and other key stakeholders.
The Technical Manager – Marketing Technology Solutions skills will include empathy, vision, communication, decision-making, and stakeholder management; strategic skills include product strategy and product roadmap, business model and financial forecast, KPIs, market research and validation, and product discovery; tactical skills include product backlog prioritization and management, personas, user stories, product validation techniques, and technical understanding.
The Technical Manager – Marketing Technology Solutions is accountable for ensuring that the system requirements and designs adhere to established architectural principles, solution architecture meets business requirements and functional specifications and be the primary point of contact for the technical analysis and design across multiple efforts and dependencies for their primary technology domain.
- Perform the role of business and technical analyst to create solutions that reduce technical complexity while maximizing business and user benefits
- Investigate new technologies and guide business and technical teams in creating maintainable systems
- Plan and execute complex IT projects (on-site and offshore)
- Analyze and provide insight into complexity of business requirements and user interface design
- Coordinate teams on significant system design decisions
- Work with the Director – Marketing Technology Solutions and others to create and manage project budget and project plan
- Communicate to the project team and support team effectively to achieve the project and solution goals
- Assure team uses best practices in design and implementation of the system
- Foster new talent
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of in Digital delivery and support, including Online/Mobile/Content/e-Commerce marketing, UX, Web Analytics, and Optimization.
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following: AEM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Target, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Competency in the following languages and technologies: AWS, HTML, HTML5, Java Script, XML, Java, WCM, services-based architecture, REST, Web analytics, content targeting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, cross channel marketing, mobile, data driven optimization of experiences.
- Project management and execution in all areas of a software development lifecycle: triage, requirements analysis, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, rollout, and ongoing support
- Ability to effectively manage priorities across diverse stakeholders and systems.
- Great communication and referent leadership abilities – and influence teams across department teams to accomplish program projects and goals.
- Strong documentation skills (business processes, root cause analysis, business requirements, etc.)
- Organization and follow up.
- Commitment to process and program excellence
- Some basic data analysis skills (excel skills, understanding of databases)
- Strong business acumen. Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills towards development of product strategy and solutions to day-to-day issues.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.