Harrison Meadows Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Tennis Shop Clerk. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Ensures merchandising priorities, strategies and tactics are aligned with the standards of the facility and follow the established merchandise plan.
- Establishes soft goods merchandising plans, implements action steps and adjusts plan based on progress towards goals.
- Maintains effective stock levels and ensures stock presentations are appropriate for all seasons.
- Sells and maintains tennis shop merchandise while providing member and guest service.
- Places special orders upon member request.
- Works with Area Retail Manager on “open to buy” and buying strategies.
- Receives merchandise, prices merchandise, enters into POS system, and monitors inventory levels.
- Presents merchandise in attractive displays and rotate keeping a fresh look to Tennis shop.
- Works closely with the accounting office on accounts receivable and accounts payable issues. Ensures available discounts are utilized.
- Creates weekly displays showcasing new and unique products.
- Ensures stockrooms are kept organized so that items are easy to locate.
- Ensures replacement and return policies are adhered to.
- Ensures follow-up on past due orders and that canceled orders are communicated timely.
- Compiles and monitors daily sales forecasting reports.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Merchandising Clerks, Sales Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Previous experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We offer careers around the world at all levels of golf operations, opportunities for professional development, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Our goal is to create extraordinary guest and member experiences through personalized service, consistency, and uncompromising attention to detail. For more information about the Troon Experience, please visit https://www.troon.com/.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.