Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: TX Houston – US029
The Traffic Agent is responsible for gathering international documentation and arranging domestic delivery to destination. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment. A background working with steamship lines and understanding customs release is also a plus.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare traffic files and instructions for delivery orders and ensure that the Bill of Lading is submitted when required.
- Coordinate with Client Import Analyst and external parties for missing documents, required information, and other customer requests needed to obtain the customs release.
- Confirm that Customs releases and steamship releases are obtained.
- Verify supplementary charges prior to payment of invoices.
- Maintain superior working relationship with clients, teams, co workers, transport companies and warehouses
- Track/trace shipments to avoid potential storage/demurrage liabilities and delivery has been completed
- Process emails on live shipments and import files into systems for clearance
- Complete delivery orders and arrange pick-up
- Complete payment of freight/terminals by guarantee, check or wire transfer as needed
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Familiarity with credit policies, traffic and forwarding methods and procedures
- Must be able to coordinate desired delivery arrangements for clients from transportation companies
- Familiarity with customs release process
- Computer and Internet skills required
- MS Office experience
- Must have knowledge of international transportation
- Negotiation skills
- Client service oriented
- Strong oral and written communication
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong organization and problem-solving
- Prioritization and time management
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.