Ardent Traffic Services Inc
Traffic Control Supervisor
TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR
We are looking for motivated and responsible traffic control professionals to join our growing team. We provide competitive wages, overtime, company paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k)), sick pay and a sign on bonus. You will need to be a certified TCS through either CCA or ATSSA and have a valid DL with a clean record. If you are looking for a bright future with potential for growth come talk to us.
General Summary of the Position
Supervises tasks related to vehicular, pedestrian and construction traffic control operations related to road, bridge and highway heavy construction projects. Responsible for implementing and overseeing traffic control operations, lane closures, road closures, setting signs and devices, per MHT’s and in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations. May operate a variety of vehicles, hand tools and power tools. May clean sites, and remove waste materials. Will work near traffic and interact regularly with the public.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY ,and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
1 Currently Certififed as a Traffic Control Supervisor though CCA or ATSSA and be able to maintain certification.
2 Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; safely controlling vehicular, pedestrian and construction traffic movements in a work area; duties may vary according to job assignment.
3 Required to operate pickups and flatbed trucks (not requiring a commercial driver’s license), and miscellaneous hand tools in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; conducts routine equipment maintenance and daily equipment inspections according to standards.
4 Supervise Flaggers and ensure company standards are being complied with.
5 Complete daily logs (vehicle, time, project, etc) timely and accurately.
6 Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
7 Material handling and storage.
8 Load and unload trucks and haul and lift materials.
9 Ensure that tasks are completed in accordance with all applicable company, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
10 Effectively communicate problems or concerns to the Foreman, Project Supervisor or Safety Manager.
11 Must be able for extended periods of time to perform any and all of the following: stand, walk, jog, climb, kneel, squat, bend at the waist, grasp and hold various tools and objects with both hands.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Firm knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in traffic operations related to heavy/highway construction work.
2. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
3. Ability to work independently and in groups in order to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
4. Ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy objects (75+ pounds), walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
7. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
8. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
9. Ability to professionally interact with supervisors, project supervisors, coworkers, public, subordinate employees, other contractors, project owners and their agents.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
2. Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
3. Must possess and maintain current CDOT or ATSSA Traffic Control supervisor and flagger card.
1. Regularly works near moving traffic and machines and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
2. Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
3. Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
4. Noise level is generally loud.
5. Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
6. Excellent stamina is required.
Must be able to pass controlled substance tests prior to and at all times during employment.
Must possess or and maintain a current CDOT or ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor Certification and Flagger Certification.
Valid Driver’s License with a clean MVR is required.
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay Range: $19.00 – 26.00 (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits: Employer Paid
- Medical (after approximately 3 months)
- Dental (after approximately 3 months)
- Vision: (after approximately 3 months)
- Profit Sharing 401(k) (immediately vested)
- Includes employer contribution of 5% of gross earnings.
- Paid Sick Days
- Hiring Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
We maintain a COVID policy with complies with CDPHE requirements.
- Traffic Control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ATSSA or CCA TCS certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.