As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offer third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
Summary: Assist the Regional Transportation HSE Business Partner with the supervision, adaptation, and continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs, policies, and procedures at the supported terminal(s). Assists transportation management team and applicable employee drivers and/or contracted owner/operators (and respective employee drivers) maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policies and procedures. Assist with the onboard HSE-related training, and retraining as necessary, and performs continuous auditing and inspections to foster HSE success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a working knowledge of compliance with federal, state, and local government regulations to include, but not limited to:
o The Department of Transportation’s (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
o The Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
o The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
o The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
o State and local law enforcement agency Motor Carrier Safety/Enforcement Departments
· Support the company’s commitment to Constant Care by ensuring regular risk analyses of the terminal(s) you support are conducted and ensuring identified risks are communicated and either mitigated or addressed by the local Incident Management and Business Continuity Plans
· Support local terminals with FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse activities.
· Assists in the accident reporting process and work with local leaders and Transportation HSE Business Partner to identify causal factors and develop proactive methods to reduce accidents; maintain a DOT Accident Register for the terminal(s) you support, and ensure applicable post-accident DOT drug/alcohol testing is completed, as required per FMCSA, within allotted time frame
· Assists in maintaining tracking tools which measure the effectiveness of the company’s compliance efforts and communicate these results to both local and senior leadership within the company on a regular basis, to include but not limited to:
o Hours of Service (ELD and/or paper records)
o Drive CAM
o Monthly Maintenance
o Driver Qualification
o Vehicle Qualification
· Conduct regular audits of the terminal(s) you support and report findings to senior managers
· Assists the Transportation HSE Business Partner in HSSE related training for both local management and drivers, to include but not limited to:
o Defensive Driving
o Accident Investigation and Post-accident Procedures
o Effective Road Testing and Ride-along Procedures
o DOT, Company, and Terminal HSSE Compliance
· Perform and assist other job-related duties as directed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service – Responds to requests for training, driver engagement and business partner needs; Meets commitments.
· Written Communication – Presents numerical data, emails, documents, and training material in an effective, professional manner; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Oral Communication – Practices active listening skills, assures a full understanding of expectations; responds professional and effectively to questions.
· Professionalism – treats others with respect regardless of their status or position.
· Have a basic knowledge of Transportation Logistics Operations
· Must have a high school diploma and Transportation logistics scope
· Strong candidates present a “can do” attitude, understand the value of working as a team, and can demonstrate the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with basic computer and online programs
· Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays in response to the needs of the business
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion and religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, military and veteran status, citizenship status, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements. If you are interested in applying for employment with Performance Team- A Maersk Company in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.