AWTY International School
Upper School (Grades 9-12) Teacher, English
The Awty International School seeks an Upper School
English Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year and beyond. The position will be full time (20 instructional periods per week, plus other assigned duties) and eligible for benefits.
The school looks for an experienced and engaging teacher who can clearly communicate literary and grammatical concepts to students, and who can excite students about applying academic content to the real world. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a commitment to teaching in a rigorous academic environment and in a diverse, multicultural community.
At Awty, we believe that students and faculty perform best in a culture of vibrant diversity and open discussion. Only through dialogue among a variety of voices can we deepen our understanding of others and heighten our commitment to global citizenship. In the end, we hope to nurture students who value open-mindedness, curiosity, understanding and justice.
- BA or equivalent in English Literature
- Demonstrated commitment to upper school education
- At least 3 years teaching experience in 6-12 grades
- A Master’s Degree with a concentration in literature
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals
- Conversational level of French or Spanish
- Ability to reach students through diverse teaching methods
- Skill to design and supervise student-centered learning and authentic assessments
- Experience with the International Baccalaureate (MYP and/or DP)
- Experience with teaching in an on-line environment
- Commitment to a rigorous academic program
In short, we seek individuals who can work collaboratively in a culture that promotes academic rigor and success for all its students. We will consider all qualified candidates who have a demonstrated ability to be this kind of exceptional teacher. The salary is competitive. Benefits include medical insurance, a dental plan, retirement contributions, disability and life insurance.
Direct inquiries to Tom Oden, Head of Secondary: [email protected]
The Awty International School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ethnic or religious beliefs, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and athletic and other school-administered programs or in its employment practices.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.