Amazon.com Services LLC
- A strong portfolio (available online) of relevant writing samples with a UX focus, including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and the impact to the customer.
- 3+ years experience as a UX writer or similar role with a UX or product design team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience.
WW Installments is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon and we are looking for a Sr. UX Writer to join the team. This group has been entrusted with a massive charter that will impact every customer that visits Amazon.com. We are building the next generation of features and payment products that maximize customer enablement in a simple, transparent, and customer obsessed way. Through these products, we will deliver value directly to Amazon customers improving the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. Our mission is to delight our customers by building payment experiences and financial services that are trusted, valued, and easy to use from anywhere in any way.
This role operates in a strategically significant/highly-visible product space within the Amazon marketplace. In this role, you’ll ensure content is transparent, easy to understand, and useful to shoppers. You will partner with UX designers and researchers, business owners, product management, operational experts, and technical engineers on all aspects of the product-development lifecycle. You will define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent—whether you’re creating user interface text, editorial help-content, email, notifications, or insights. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners globally, and at scale. The ideal candidate is a savvy communicator who’s obsessed with helping customers accomplish their goals—and fiercely advocate for the best possible content design solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Craft clear, simple, concise, and human UI text that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
- Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft and hone customer-facing language across a variety of contexts–from UI components to conversational building blocks.
- Raise the bar for interface communication and content strategy within the products. Drive new processes and mechanisms to establish a consistent, unified approach and drive alignment on voice and tone.
- Own the microcopy for multiple products in partnership with design, development, product management, and marketing to ensure overall strategy meets both product goals and customer needs.
- Define and evangelize content strategies and standards that reflect the voice of Amazon and adherence to UX writing best practices
- Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives, and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
- Multitask in an environment of competing priorities and deliverables.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices.
About the team
We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best in class experiences for our customers. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people’s lives.
- Demonstrated experience defining information architecture and content strategy.
- Demonstrated experience defining content models.
- Working knowledge of the design process and UX design principles.
- Master’s Degree in related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience producing wireframes, user journeys, user flows.
- Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization, both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing content solutions that scale for a global audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.