Responsible for long-term strategy and tactical plans to recommend and implement Vegetation Management (VM) initiatives. Directs staff and contractor resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance according to established policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements. Leads strategic leadership with internal and external stakeholders to support VM goals.
- Planning & Strategy: Oversees the development of the long-term strategy and alignment of VM for the assigned geographic area. Negotiates annual performance targets with VM management, OpCo leadership, and VM contractors and ensures synchronization with Project Managers. Lead VM staff in developing, testing, and implementing new technologies for VM program.
- Compliance & Regulatory: Responsible for compliance with Company standards, NERC and federal, PSC/PUC and state, local and DOT regulations. Addresses environmental issues as they relate to VM activities. Oversees annual contractor training (e.g. NERC/FERC Compliance, process map review, avian protection, etc.). Ensure annual staff training is completed.
- Contract Administration: Directs contract administration strategy. Promotes, conducts and ensures completion of field checks/audits of VM contractor work. Approves various invoicing and time reporting. Validates monthly scorecards and productivity reports. Work with VM management and Sourcing on multiyear VM supplier contracts. Maintain requirements of Contractor Safety program and Security screening process.
- Operations Management: Manage O&M budgets. Leads VM tactical operations for facilities while driving the achievement of all established targets and performance measures. Leads emergency storm work response efforts as needed on a 24/7 basis. Facilitates and provides technical expertise related to fieldwork.
- Team Development: Attracts, recruits, manages and retains staff. Establishes and communicates clear performance expectations and manages employee performance. Remove obstacles, resolves variances and works closely with supervisor and contractor management to identify “best-value” crew complement and special maintenance requirements.
- Relationships/Communications: Develops working relationships and communicates with appropriate internal and external stakeholders regarding maintenance plans, customer complaints, refusals, inquiries and damage claims. Leads daily management and problem-solving initiatives to ensure adherence to standardized process and identification of gaps in procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Arboriculture, Business or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in utility vegetation management operation, or similar field is also preferred.
- At least 5 years of management experience required.
- Knowledge of electric system construction, operations and maintenance, a strong business acumen and technical skills preferred.
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe computer applications and analytical software (VMS) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities and develop effective working relationships with diverse work groups.
- International Society of Arboriculture Arborists Certification and Certified Applicator pesticide license or equivalent is preferred.
- Tree trimmer experience.
- Wildfire mitigation experience or working with US forest agency.
- Technical expertise working with GIS, data experience, technology and business planning.
Location(s): CO – Denver; CO – Henderson; CO – Lakewood
Department: 61585:Veg Mgmt & Pole Integrity
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay – Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Elizabeth A Robinson
Hiring Manager: Fletcher L Johnson
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.