JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management with client assets of $3 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMAM’s Middle Office is responsible for supporting all asset classes and its related process, primarily working with Portfolio Managers, Investment Specialists, Traders, Risk Management and other support functions. The team’s core functions include managing the end to end operating environment and overseeing risk management, business analysis and project management functions while driving AM wide strategic programs.
This is a Vice President role located in either New York, Columbus or Delaware. The candidate will be part of a large scale program and lead projects across products and processes to support the organization’s strategic direction. This role requires a high level of communication, organization, and critical thinking skills. A self-starter, with the ability to track and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, is required. The applicant must be well organized, with solid experience in evaluating methods to assess program strengths and identify areas of improvements, manage a team with diverse array of talents and responsibilities, produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle as well as analyze program risks.
- Translate conceptual thinking into project definitions and requirements
- Manage projects and collaborate with multiple project teams within the product development lifecycle
- Prioritize work and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Develop and support the project team to the delivery of successful project outcomes
- Build and manage multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams
- Coordinate the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project resourcing, task dependencies and schedule
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans
- Develop, initiate and manage a communication plan, including regular project status reports
- Deliver appropriate integration, training and implementation plans and activities.
- Stakeholder management and multiple project teams in the context of a single project
- Develop root cause analysis and process improvement plans
- Identify, deliver and document organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project
- Prepare and deliver presentations to management teams and stakeholders
- 8-10 years of experience in multi-year complex program management or strategy implementation within a financial services or operations environment
- In depth knowledge of Asset Management or Investment management products and services
- Must have experience leading large programs and multiple teams
- Ability to manage different complex stakeholder map including senior stakeholders in the Business (i.e Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Management), Technology, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Ability to identify complex issues early and develop actionable mitigation plans
- Strong analytical skills with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations
- Must be able to concisely explain complex issues and possess a strong written and oral communication skills and be able to present to senior management
- Ability to assess budget and resourcing requirements for programs
- Education and experience with Project Management methodology based on Project Management principles required.
- Experience working with the Agile PM methodology
- Experience working with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.