ACA/NY is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization that has been designated as a Care Coordination Organization/Health Home (CCO) by New York State. A CCO is a Health Home that is dedicated to meeting the needs of people with I/DD by providing comprehensive care management and coordination of services. ACANY supports 25,000+ people in its program and draws Care Managers from 100+ organizations providing I/DD waiver and support services spanning New York City, Long Island, and the Lower Hudson Valley.
The Vice President of Provider Engagement, under the direction of the CEO, will be responsible for providing senior level leadership, guidance and oversight over all provider relationship management efforts.
The Vice President of Provider Engagement is responsible for defining and executing a strategic plan to build high-quality, high-value relationships between ACA/NY and the leading providers within ACA/NY’s regions. This shall include: Developing and Maintaining Strategic Provider Relationships, Outreach to potential referral Sources, creating and maintaining strategic partnerships to meet member needs, and any other provider networking opportunities to support the strategic goals of ACA/NY.
The position will develop, lead and align the execution of both short term tactical initiatives and long term strategies which will facilitate the organization’s ability to meet goals.
The VP of Provider Engagement will provide oversight of provider oriented projects/initiatives and implement the relevant operational aspects of the strategic plan. In partnership with the organization’s senior leadership, will develop and execute provider engagement plans and initiatives in order to meet corporate objectives.
The VP of Provider Engagement will provide leadership and oversight to drive multiple strategies while improving access to care. The VP of Provider Engagement will direct the activities of the ACA/NY Community Relations Managers and Directors of Provider and Community Relations roles. This team supports the mission of ACA/NY through outreach and relationship building with provider partners, referral sources, and the greater community. They also play an important role in helping to raise awareness, promote Care Coordination services, and to expand our reputation in our regions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Create Strategy and Priorities:
- Create and develop strategic alliances and relationships, and foster new provider engagement opportunities, within the Care Coordination Organization provider network.
- Must be familiar with the core tenets of the Care Coordination Model and be able to speak at a high level delivering the value proposition of the model.
- Develop marketing strategies to support efforts and also to drive membership growth and retention.
- Oversight of targeted marketing and communication campaigns. Oversight of the creation of brochures, mailers, letters and other forms of marketing materials as needed, including written and electronic materials to meet the needs of the specific audience, market, provider, or service.
- Provide thorough, professional presentations to appropriate decision-makers, and or individuals and groups that may benefit from ACA/NY services.
- Prospecting to service providers, social services organizations, committees on special education, medical and behavioral health providers, and other community resources serving prospective members.
- Oversight of computerized data base (Relationship Management Software). Contemporaneously documenting all activities.
- Develops advertising campaigns for implementation in print, internet and other media outlets within service area and within budgetary guidelines.
- Support milestone ceremonies such as; ground breakings, ribbon cuttings etc., event management
- Attends community events representing ACA/NY, occasional work will be required for special events on evenings or weekends.
- Travel within ACA/NY service regions as needed.
- Serves as a company representative as assigned.
- Provides all required reporting in a timely manner.
Organizational Development & Support:
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent government regulations, and CCO policies, procedures, and operating standards.
- Models, promotes and supports CCO performance values.
- Implements a continuous quality improvement process for department services and administrative functions.
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of Human Resources policies and programs including implementation and compliance with EEO and other applicable statutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of Business, Communications, Health Care, Public Administration or related field
- Graduate degree (Masters) preferred
- 5+ years of Health care or managed care with Provider Contracting, Network Management or Provider Relations experience
- Familiarity with Service Coordination, DOH and/or OPWDD programs and funding, and or Health Home Care Coordination
- At least 6 years of job-related experience, specifically in business development, preferred.
- Experience as a team/project leader preferred.
- Must be able to take the initiative, be self-starter, and see a project through to completion.
- Project management skills appropriate to manage multiple initiatives at one time.
- High-level Microsoft Office skills, including Presentational software.
- Graphic design and computer skills, including Social Media, Email marketing.
- Confidentiality: Comply fully with ACA/NY’s confidentiality policies by holding in strictest confidence all information pertaining to members, residents, the people we support and their families, clients, providers, contractors, and employees.
- Safety: Meet all safety training requirements; adhere to all safety policies and reports any and all unsafe conditions. Take measures to prevent accidents and/or eliminate conditions that pose a safety or health risk.
- Training: Meet all job requirements for participating in or delivering training.
- Compliance: Adhere to ACA/NY CCO NY’s standard of ethical behavior as outlined in the Corporate Compliance plan, the Code of Ethics, as well as associated policies, procedures, guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ACANY provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and all other legally protected classifications.
To apply for a position in our organization please visit our website: www.acany.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Provider Contracting, Network Management, Provider Relations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 6 years (Preferred)
- Outreach: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health care or Managed Care: 5 years (Preferred)
- DOH and/or OPWDD programs and funding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health Home Care Coordination: 5 years (Preferred)
- Team/Project Leader or Project Management: 6 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location