- Work as part of an internal team that is virtual and multi-disciplinary on projects of variable scope, complexity, and length
- Concept and create audience-aware infographics, presentations, print pieces, custom illustrations, process diagrams, graphs and charts, icons, and other collateral
- Drive design projects in collaboration with the design leader
- Understand the role of design-based storytelling in team initiatives
- Help non-designers understand the visual possibilities and limitations of each project
- Maintain design best practices and contribute to improving team workflows
- Seek out opportunities to learn more about your craft and the world around you and share insights with your team
In your role as a visual designer, you will join the Creative Pod, a group of writers and visual artists who support Deloitte Consulting’s Novel and Exponential Technologies (NExT). NExT helps Deloitte professionals and our clients understand the impact of emerging technologies and solidifies trusted advisor relationships with technology executives. NExT identifies, researches, and champions the emerging technology trends affecting our firm and our clients’ businesses, and helps shape the strategy for Deloitte’s new and existing technology-driven services.
- 4+ years of related visual design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in graphic design, illustration, or related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques, composition, typography, communication, and concept definition
- Practical expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with video editing and motion graphics tools
- Fundamental understanding of 2D animation principles
- Fluency in PowerPoint and presentation tools
- Understanding of basic data visualization principles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to quickly translate brainstorming discussions and big picture ideas into relevant creative visuals.
- Ability to work, self-direct, and prioritize within a virtual team.
- Interest in emerging technologies such as AI, human experience, and enterprise systems
- Ability to actively engage with content and colleagues to tell a story.
- Drive to create audience-focused designs that surprise and delight.
- Knowledge of interface design.
- Ability to establish a personal brand within a virtual team and navigate the larger global firm.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback with precision to improve your work.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with shifting priorities and busy stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and procure information and resources needed to complete a task.
- Ability to join a project during any stage of its lifecycle.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles and incorporate branding.
- Strong attention to detail, consistency across channels and platforms, version control.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of humor, good attitude, and the ability to make work fun.