Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe. With licenses in all 50 states and the highest quality accreditation possible, we ensure the safest products for our pet customers and their owners.
We are seeking a Warehouse Associate that has passion and expertise in shipping and receiving replenishment, or picking and packing.
The Warehouse Associate verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to read picking tickets and labels on products.
· Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
· Must be able to operate PC & telephone.
· Must be able to operate a hand jack and other materials handling equipment.
· Occasionally must be able to exert up to 70 pounds of force and/or frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force, and/or constantly up to 30 pounds of force to move objects.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Flexible for days and weekends
This full-time position provides:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- 21 days of paid time off a year
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77086: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.