Wyndon Motors ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Controller to join an independent prestige manufacturer approved leading Accident and Collision Repair specialist in our busy, growing site in Coventry
As part of a team of specialists you be responsible for organising the Bodyshop by controlling the flow of work across the team in an effective, efficient, and fair manner. You will ensure all Bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, utilities, and heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it. The Workshop Controller is also responsible for quality and ensuring all job cards are completed correctly,
Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Workshop Controller, you will be undertaking the following duties:
- Organise the body shop by controlling job start and finishing times and to be always aware of the status of each job, conducting daily progress meetings with body shop team members and reporting unexpected delays to the General Manager
- Make sure all the body shop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, power, and control the heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it
- Ensure all job cards are completed corrected correctly and be ultimately responsible for shop floor discipline
- To liaise with all body shop Technicians and the Manager in respect of any quality issues
- Quality check vehicles upon completion
Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the body shop as well as across other functional areas.
You will report into the General Manager who is as passionate about customer service as they are about their team and is absolutely determined to make their body shop the best. There is a family feel and buzz where everyone helps each other to achieve the goals of the site and to ensure our customers are consistently delighted with the service we provide. It’s an amazing team!
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
- Ideally you are qualified with a solid Bodyshop background – as a Bodyshop Controller, Workshop Manager or Quality Controller within a Car Dealership, Body Repairer or Crash Repair Centre, whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
- You can do more than one thing at once – you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key.
- You will have a full UK/EU Driving Licence
- You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of a team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day – you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers.
As a Workshop Controller, we offer:
- A competitive starting salary.
- A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development through in-house and industry-recognised training.
- The opportunity to work with and service world-renowned automotive brands including Aston Martin, Mercedes and Vag group.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £15.00 per hour
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coventry CV7 9JY: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bodyshop: 3 years (required)
- English (required)
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.