Note: This position requires availability from Tuesday-Saturday, as early as 8:30am and as late as 7pm.
Reporting directly to the Member Experience Director or designated supervisor, the Youth and Family Engagement Coordinator develops and implements strategies to connect membership and family needs to youth and family programs. The Coordinator works with Membership and Program leaders to plan and supervise activities and to promote family membership and youth and family programs at the Y and in the community. This position serves as the lead staff member for Kids Club babysitting hours and programming.
Diversity: The McGaw YMCA seeks to be known for practicing inclusion by valuing the diversity of all people within our association and the communities we serve.
Relationships: Building relationships is the primary purpose of every job within the McGaw YMCA. We strive to create and maintain a friendly, welcoming environment for all members, volunteers, donors, guests, and staff.
To build and supervise Kids Club
- Support the implementation of all safety and quality program standards.
- Hire, onboard, supervise, schedule and support Kids Club staffing
- Coordinate and support initiatives and activities.
- Maintain ongoing communication between youth and family programs and membership.
- Support professional development through training, technical support and providing resources.
To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Works as a lead Kids Club staff when assigned.
- Ensures that safety standards are met in any program area in which families and community members participate.
- Oversees, establishes and enforces all policies and procedures for staff and participants.
- Responsible for managing Kids Club environment. Ensure that the environment is presented in a neat and professional way, appropriate equipment is available and is in accordance with standards. Creates an on-going system to maintain a high quality environment.
- Ensures that safety standards are met in any program area in which the children participate.
To advance physical and intellectual competence of children
- Work with families to assure that ongoing and two-way communication is established.
- Develop and implement a calendar for engagement activities for children and families as a benefit of family membership.
To ensure a well-run, purposeful program
- Organize and participate in team meetings of staff as requested. Provides the Director with updates from these meetings as needed.
- Responsible for communicating changes to enrichment schedules to the families.
- Responsible for coordinating activity supply orders.
- Maintain communication of needed information with family and community members.
- Work with entire operational leadership team in the organization and facilitation of center wide events and attend meetings as directed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Models appropriate employee morale, loyalty and enthusiasm for staff and adhere to the McGaw YMCA Staff Promise.
- Will assume Membership Director on Duty responsibilities when assigned.
- Must maintain flexible schedule to meet the needs of the main building operations.
- A strong commitment to the YMCA movement and the Mission of the McGaw YMCA.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and willingness to help lead our on-going Diversity Initiative efforts.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: (end results that job should achieve)
- Developmentally appropriate activities will be implemented in all programs.
- All program areas will be safe and well maintained.
- Families will feel supported in the activity environment.
- Regular communication with youth development program leaders and membership team.
DIRECTOR ON DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES: If assigned, the Coordinator will assume Manager on Duty responsibilities, including:
- Maintaining excellent service to members.
- Being available to answer questions from members and staff.
- Making routine decisions employing good judgment and in compliance with McGaw YMCA guidelines.
- Contacting your supervisor regarding any emergencies or critical issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 – $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- In 4-5 sentences, please share why you are interested in working at the McGaw YMCA.
- We will email screening questions to all applicants to determine if an interview would be appropriate. Please type your best email address here:
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- child care supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.