Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at five sites throughout Brooklyn, Bronx, and Harlem. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Youth Development Director at our following clubhouses:
- John E. Grimm III Clubhouse – Bronx, NY
- Joel E. Smilow Clubhouse – Bronx, NY
- Navy Yard Clubhouse – Brooklyn, NY
- Pinkerton Clubhouse – Harlem, NY
This is a full-time position working 35 hours a week Monday through Friday in the afternoon and evening.
The Youth Development Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating departmental leadership development programs, activities and events and providing individual guidance and referrals as needed.
Youth Development Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit members for Character and Leadership Development programs.
- Deliver fun and engaging programming for boys and girls, ages 6-18.
- Ensure the effective delivery of all programs in the Good Character and Citizenship priority outcome area.
- Thoroughly evaluate all assigned departmental programs.
- Conduct periodic inventory of departmental equipment, recommend the acquisition of necessary materials and resources to support programs and order required materials and maintain the assigned budget.
- Collaborate with outside entities to enhance programs and services, families, schools and other organizations and institutions.
- Participate in organizational meetings and conferences as requested.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment in program areas.
Youth Development Director Required Skills/Knowledge:
- College degree preferred required from a state-accredited university or college and a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people from diverse backgrounds, ages 6-18 as well as a range of other organizational personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proven track record of engaging youth in a responsible and mature manner.
- As a condition of employment, employees must have proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package including 403(b) and pension plan for Youth Development Director position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.